As I sit here watching the fifth game of the year, I ponder the fact that the Nats are basically performing exactly as expected.
- They open up with a 4-0 record ☑
- Bryce drops bombs ☑
- Rendon flashes the leather ☑
- Eaton’s an extreme upgrade in LF (player of the week..) ☑
- The three-headed monster in the bullpen deeeaalllss ☑
- Scherzer, Strasburg, Gio, and Roark sick on the bump ☑
- AJ Cole sucks balls ☹
Seriously, AJ Cole has been in the organization for close to a decade now. Do we really expect a big surge from the guy? At least with a guy like Edwin Jackson, he’ll throw you 300 pitches to save the bullpen while he gives up a bunch of runs. I hear Hellickson is pitching in extended spring training tonight 👀.
However, congrats on the first home run tonight, AJ. Wayta take your time around the bases.. (30 seconds).